
It is a very sad time. President Hinckley died tonight. Phone calls started coming in and the television was interrupted to notify us that he had passed away. Stockton started getting texts to tell everyone to wear white shirts to school on Monday. Brad was at work and I called him and he knew because it was on the Internet. I love Pres. Hinckley, he was such an inspiration. He taught with what I love most, which is humor. He was a spiritual giant, yet he was so real. Every time he spoke he cracked jokes, yet he taught with the spirit and you knew he loved you. He did so much good in demystifying the church in the eyes of the world. He loved temple work and was dedicated to building them throughout the world. He was an amazing man. I loved to listen to his talks, I loved reading his books, I loved EVERYTHING about him. BE GRATEFUL, BE SMART, BE CLEAN, BE TRUE, BE POSITIVE, BE HUMBLE, BE STILL, BE PRAYFUL. My kids were so sad. He is the only prophet they have known. We all shared a tear together. During our family prayer, it was very sweet and heartfelt from a seven year little girl, thank you Sara. President Monson will become the next prophet. Growing up, I remember thinking he was young to be in the quorum and its hard to believe that Pres Monson is in his 80's.



No comments:
Post a Comment