November 14, 2010

My BabY GirL turNs 12?














Miss Grace is now 12...how does that happen? I guess, just as I get older so do they?!? She is going into young women's and she is so excited. Her birthday fell on the Primary Program and the Primary President told her if she got her Faith in God, she wouldn't have to do the program, and she was pretty much done and she got those last Articles of Faith's done so fast and she was so happy not to have to sing?!? I guess she thinks she is too mature :) She wanted to have an AMAZING RACE party so we did. I have never spent so much time and effort on a party before. I had things planned and things gathered and money in envelops...but it turned out GREAT! Some of the things they had to do were: Make some putts at the golf course, Stockton was at the elementary and had three different things they had to do...hit a baseball, do free throws blind folded and kick a soccer ball into a little net, spin on the chairs at the electric park and race each other, go to Smith's and find the best bargain in the ads for the week, go to the dollar store and buy something they were grateful for and then find and stranger and explain why they were grateful, go to Wal-mart dressed up and ride a bike in the toy aisle. Some one had to pretend to be sick and throw up chewed up broccoli and cream soda, ask a stranger for directions in a foreign accent and many other things. They had fun and I was glad we did it for her. I love her so much! She is an amazing girl and hopefully the teenage years won't be to painful for her dad and I :) Her actual birthday was on Sunday too. So we had family over for cake and ice cream but we had a church meeting so it was a little hectic but it was a GREAT day too!

No comments:

Post a Comment