September 19, 2009
Girls Going Back to School...
The girls have been off track for the past 3 weeks. It has been a change from the past few years. Usually we are off when neighbors and lots of friends are off, but this year if a little different. Sara has many friends off, but Grace isn't as lucky. My girls are so different, Sara has lots of friends and she isn't really close friends with anyone. Grace has very small numbers of friends, but she is very close to them and very loyal. They are a mix of me. I have lots of friends and I am close with all of them. Grace has had a hard time off track, she loves to play and hang out with friends, she enjoys being home too, don't get me wrong, but she prefers to be around friends. Sara is a home body. She can watch TV for hours, color, play on the computer and entertain herself very easily. The other day I told her she couldn't watch TV and she needed to go play, she cried and said, "I played yesterday, I don't want to play again today!" What??? I thought I was going to die laughing, usually parents are telling kids to stay home, oh no not me with Sara I have to make her play. So I left for awhile, and I got a phone call from Sara, she was crying, "I have a belly ache, I can't play." I had to get after her, and tell her, she wasn't sick and she was playing. Wow I am one tough mom (Making her play?). We have done a few things while they have been home, but there hasn't been any movies and very little to do to entertain them. We have gone to lunches, we canned salsa, we did manage a trip to Classic Skate, but usually it is non-stop fun NOT this time. Grace has discovered a few new friends, which is good for her to branch out. I enjoy the kids home, no homework, no stress and just spending time together. Now summer is officially over...I have had kids home since April. The girls were off track through May, then Stockton was home for the summer and there was 1 week they were in school together and then the girls were off, so now they are all going to be in school. Whew I can start getting things done in the house and get ready for the holidays and winter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment