






This year I talked Sara into trying to snowboard. She was not keen on the idea at first because she was a great skier and she doesn't love to try new things. So I had to do some smooth talking and she and Easton are taking lessons and hopefully she will enjoy it as much as Stockton and Grace. Grace said she was too good and too old for lessons, so she is just going snowboarding while the others take their lessons. She will be REALLY good one day! She loves it. Stockton LOVES to go. He got a pass to Powder Mountain this year and he joined the club at school, and he has gone with friends many times already. This is truly the one thing that Brad is solely in charge of...meaning that we are usually a team on EVERYTHING, but I don't ski or snowboard, so he takes them and they are on their own!! I do love to sit in the lodge and watch, that brings me a lot of joy. Watching them to something that they LOVE. The kids come in and out because they know I am in there too. The first weeks lesson was ROUGH....Sara's pants are not the best and she spent the whole time on her bum...She was WET and COLD. So after the lesson she came in with Brad and I and Stockton & Brock were BRAVE...they took Sam and Easton up on the lift and came down the mountain with them. Easton did GREAT, he got down pretty quickly and I watched him and he did well. Poor Stockton went with Sam, who is quiet a bit younger, and it took him a while to get down the hill...But Sam and his enthusiasm, said "Let's go again" as soon as he hit the bottom. Stockton spoke right up and said, "No way!" It was time to go. I can't wait to watch them improve over the next few weeks. I will be posting pictures and hopefully saying how much Sara LOVES it too!!



No comments:
Post a Comment