
Lori, is my neighbor and one of my BFFs! She was a track star in high school and got a full scholarship to college running track. She brags: she was in the paper weekly, she was the state champion, BLAH BLAH BLAH! She is also the sweetest and doesn't like attention, so when she says this it is too funny!! She was talked into running the Ogden Marathon by Stacy Strong, and she has been training for 5 months. She complained the entire time. She said it was like a part-time job! When the date started to get closer, she would say, "it makes me sick to my stomach to think about"....BUT SHE DID IT! I have never even been to a marathon, but it was awesome! The people who run those?- WOW! It was inspiring! I sat by the 25 mile mark and cheered for people I didn't even know! And then when I saw my friend...IT WAS SO EXCITING! Her kids ran the last mile with her and it was fun to go to the finish line and see them! It was so great! WAY TO GO LORI!
No comments:
Post a Comment