I could have killed him!!! Stockton had his first recital with Poole Piano Studio. He has been taking from there for 5 months. He has been taking piano for 4-5 years. He really is good, but he doesn't like it at all! So he barely practices, and he did practice the piece and Brad and I thought it sounded great, well his recital was at 5:00 PM and Brad couldn't get there from work so the girls and I went. It was in a historical building in Ogden, it was beautiful. Stockton brought his sheet music, duh....so at that point I should have known. So he had half of it memorized....but not the other. So he got to the recital and he said, "I think I can do it." He did the first half PERFECT, then it was sad, he forgot, then tried to recover, stopped, then finished what he could, then came and sat down. My heart broke, I sat there so sad, he was humiliated, he was so mad at himself. These are the times you could SHAKE them, but it was a great TEACHING moment too. People tell you about teenagers...warn you, but until you are there it is the most difficult thing EVER. Stockton is SUCH a good kid too, he always has been. As a child we called him the "moral compass." He sees everything black and white, right and wrong and there is NO in between. And I still hate teenage years?? I think next time he will do better, try harder and he will be fine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment