At the end of each school year there are all kinds of awards and assemblies. It is so great to see Stockton be such a great student and have that recognition. Last week was the Night of Excellence. Stockton has been on the high honor roll every term in Jr. high (so far...fingers crossed). He didn't attend that ceremony because he had a young men's activity that he REALLY wanted to go to...so I can't be too disappointed in that choice. He really does work hard in school and I have to say that I am proud him.
Then last night he had a guitar concert which was so fun. Many of his friends also took that class and I got pictures of all of them. He has really enjoyed this class and learning a new instrument. He is an excellent pianist and now he has a new instrument that he probably enjoys MORE than piano (oh well..he can do both).
And finally today (after school) there was a sports assembly. They gave recognition to all the kids who participated in all sports. When you attend a school that has over 1800 kids and you are fortunate enough to make a team, it is an accomplishment. He loves basketball, and he is looking forward to playing next year too (but it will be for a NEW JR HIGH, hip hip hooray!!)



No comments:
Post a Comment