A few months ago, I wrote a post about Stockton and his Eagle Project...well as of tonight at 10:15 he is an official EAGLE SCOUT. The first one on the Anderson or Larsen side of the family, way to go buddy. He had his board of review and he passed. He made the appointment on Sunday, so tonight we got a phone call, we had totally forgotten, BE PREPARED, not. So he hurried and changed into his costume and I ran him over and dropped him off. Then I came home and started to read with Sara and I get a phone call, "my parents are supposed to be here." Well, Brad is at work, and I race back over to the church. He needs a leader from his own quorum to present him to the board, all his leaders are out of town...NICE. So Bro. Dewey from the bishopric had to be called to do it. So far, so good on the board of review, HA HA. Bro. Dewey presented him to Rob Hunsaker, Stan Yamane, and Ron Parry. He said the nicest things about Stockton. Then I had to say a few words, I wasn't prepared at all and I am such a bawl baby. I remember saying that: "He is a good boy, he is the moral compass to our family. He sets goals for himself and works hard to reach them." I spoke for a few minutes, I was so nervous I don't remember what I said. But they are all true. Stockton was nervous too. We just didn't know that it was such a big deal. He has been to so many board of reviews, we thought it would be the same thing, but it wasn't, it was much cooler. He did such a great job and I really am proud of his accomplishment. He couldn't have done it without great leaders though. I really haven't done anything except make sure the project got done and all the paper work. GREAT JOB STOCKTON!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Way to go Stockton... I can't believe how big he looks in his scout stuff. Crazy how fast they grow up. I know it won't belong before I'm in your shoes with my boys.
ReplyDelete