























Brad and I had the opportunity to go on Trek again this time. We were first called to be the ward coordinators, and then a few weeks later we were called to be a Ma and Pa. For those of you who don't know what Trek is...It is an experience that we take the youth of our LDS faith to experience. We have them dress and become pioneers for 3 1/2 days in the great land of Wyoming or Utah or where ever. The kids leave their families, the comfort of their homes and all technology and go and push a handcart with a group of 10-12 people that become their family for those days. They work HARD and then they get to play a little, but the most important thing is they learn about faith, hardships, bonding with others, sacrifice, and they learn a lot about themselves and they become closer to the Lord. It is the GREATEST thing EVER! Because Brad and I went on Trek 4 years ago, we became believers in Trek. Stockton went and never questioned it or said it was going to be stupid, I think because he knew his parents LOVED it so much. He did love it too. I saw his competitiveness again. I saw him grow spiritually. I saw him learn to care about others in his family. I saw him serve. I was not disappointed at all.Brad and I had a great family too. We had the opportunity to have an autistic boy in our family, and we saw the other kids learn to serve and love and take care of him. He would wandered a lot and we thought we lost him once but he was hanging out at the port-a-potties, he didn't like crowds so when EVERYONE was together he would hide or pace far from the crowd. But he loved family time with just our little family. We had a great time and I saw kids lives changed. If you ever have an opportunity to go, I hope you take it.



No comments:
Post a Comment