April 4, 2010

Easter Weekend















Easter, this year is a bit bitter sweet...it was my grandma's 2nd favorite holiday. We used to go to her house on Easter Sunday with my cousins and their kids for dinner and an egg hunt, but this year was not quite the same :( This year on Saturday, we met my mom and Scott and the Anderson's at the Pizza Factory for a little lunch, then we went to Grandma and Grandpa's to color eggs. Stockton and Brock stuffed the plastic eggs with money (like Grandma Ethel used to do- she spent weeks getting things ready, she would put balloons, $ and candy in her eggs) while the little kids colored eggs. I did make Stockton color at least one egg. Then on Sunday morning, the kids found their eggs, baskets and dresses. We didn't have church because it was General Conference, but it was a nice way to spend Sunday. I love all the holiday's but the reason I love Easter is because my grandma taught me to love it too! (like Christmas) She made every holiday fun and made them all such a big deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment