

Today I had surgery. I had a hysterectomy and a bladder repair. When I told my kids I was having my bladder fixed they were sad, because they find JOY in making my pee my pants. This isn't something I want to blog about but it is a HUGE part of my life that is now done and over. I had a few crazy things that happened, the worst part is when the breathing tube was put in, it must have pinched a nerve because my lower lip is completely numb. I asked a friend, who worked for an anesthesiologist and she said it just may take months to come back. WTHeck? It feels like I have been to the dentist and it is numb, it drives me CrAzY! The next weird thing is, where they put in the IV, it must have bled out I got a bruise and it lasted 2 weeks on my wrist. The recovery was good and I feel good. I know I will be happy when the full recovery is over :) Brad thought we needed a picture and we needed to blog and remember this time of life,(he could only give me 1 day because of his work schedule.) The thing that I do want to remember is the kindness that was shown to me and my family. I didn't want the ward to know because there are so many other families in need, and I didn't want to bother people. So even without the ward help, we had meals for 7 full nights! That is amazing! I have the very best friends and neighbors a person could ask for. I got gifts and baskets of goodies. It was humbling to receive such acts of service in my behalf. I have great people in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment