As I reflect on the year 2008, its hard to put into words the entire year in just a few lines. But as a family, we have had good times, even great times!! Heartache, even heart break, but we still and forever will have each other.
BRAD has worked and worked (hundreds of hours of overtime, yes they are very short handed). He has served us - his family, his neighbors, co-workers, strangers and most importantly the Lord in his calling, by being obedient and faithful.
I have been a wife and mother, which is the greatest thing in the world. I also have tried to serve others, mostly my family. I have conquered some fears, one was to return to school and started to work (well a little). As I look back, its hard not foresee what is to come, which will be big changes.
The kids are growing up so fast, if I could freeze time I would right now.
STOCKTON has realized what good friends are - and their importance when they make you feel included. He has been taught humility and success in friends, sports and school. As a mother, I am happy with who he is and the choices he seems to be making (knock on wood, so far).
GRACE has had a great year. She seems to be happy and finding success in things. Then before you know it - she seems to be sad and adjusting to other things. She has had friends move away - which is very hard, friends move back into the area and find your not as close as you once were.
SARA, she has had a changing year also..being baptized, becoming accountable for choices she makes. She, too has had success in getting 8 back handsprings in a row and then feeling sad when she can't yet read on grade level. (She is still working hard to get it.)
As you can tell its been a year of ups and downs, but hopefully we have more hills than valleys. We can rely on each other, and try to get through this thing called LIFE. As a mother I am only as happy as my saddest child, which at any given time it ranges from despair to jubilant. I pray daily to be there and be as helpful as I possibly can. I pray for guidance from Heavenly Father, to say the right thing and do the right thing in each situation. Through our trials we receive blessing and strength. Hopefully I can be an example of this to my children.
When I look back through the blog I usually post the FUN times, the GOOD times, but I wanted to add this post, to remind myself of the 'some' of the hard times, these are the things we truly learn from - they shape who we are and teach us how to handle things that are to come. Hopefully we can learn from things and go in the right direction that will lead us to happiness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment