October 22, 2009

'Cuz I'm Kinda a BIG Deal

The VFW came and presented each boy with a flag that has flown over our Nations Capitol. The boys loved that and it was very neat.
Stockton and Ryker with their seminary teacher, Bro. Robbins.
Who they love and thinks is way cool.
They had the grandpa's of each boy come up and assist them in
folding the flag 13 times, which has significant meaning.
2 out of the 3 of Stockton's grandpa's were there, but Grandpa Scott was out of town, he would have loved that too, because he is a former Marine.
Grace with Zoey, they LOVE each other.
Stockton receiving his pins and award.
Stockton starting his speech.
Everyone laughing at his comment and him tell me to 'shhhh'.
As I was hunched over behind a board telling them I was going to pee my pants.
Giving his dad his pin, and me still laughing.
I couldn't get a decent picture with all of them. But Stockton with his favorite cousins.

Grandma and Grandpa Anderson, they gave him an awesome
picture of an Eagle. Thanks for coming!!
Grandma DaNece gave him $$. Thanks for coming.
She kept saying "I am so proud, it makes me teary".
Stockton and his mom, who gave birth to him..
Him and his dad, who helped!!

I previously posted the big day when Stockton officially got his Eagle Scout, but today he had the Court of Honor. It was delayed because there were 6 boys who received them at the same time. Way to go Sandridge Ward Scout Leaders!! So Stockton has been waiting only for the other boys to get their paper work in, because they had their projects, and merit badges earned (except Dalin Moss, and he got everything finished in 1 month). This is quite an accomplishment, we were told that only 2% of the boys who enter the scouting program actually receive their Eagle. Way to go boys. One of the speakers said they had never been to one where 6 boys got theirs at the same time. It was a long meeting but it didn't come without the Larsen family totally making fools of themselves. Each boy was called up individually and got their awards and then they have to give a little speech and give out a mentor pin. Stockton was 4 out of 6. He thanked everyone for coming and pointed to his extended family, that fully supported him, and then said "thanks to my mom, for giving me birth, I wouldn't be here without her, and my dad who helped out with that." Oh my heck, I started to laugh and just about peed my pants. No one knew whether to laugh or not. I laughed so hard I cried. I have no idea what else he said, because I couldn't stop...so mature. He gave his mentor pin to his dad, because his dad has been his leader throughout the scouting program and plus he is the perfect example at home too. What a good kid, if I so myself. He got this award with his best buddy Ryker and Ben. They have loved going through the program because they have had each other. Every month, for 2 years, they camped out together. Most boys hate that, but because they had friends, they looked forward to it. It was a great night and I am so proud of the boy and young man Stockton is becoming. He really wants to do whats right and he is making great choices in his life. GREAT JOB Stockton!

No comments:

Post a Comment