October 11, 2009

Tom Sawyer Weekend


For Stockton's English class, they have been studying Tom Sawyer, so for extra credit he could be like Tom Sawyer for the entire weekend. He had to wear a collared button down shirt for the weekend, no electricity, he had certain requirements, like he needed to cook over an open fire, split logs, paint a fence or a few other things. Stockton did this with Ryker, now keep in mind through their years in deacons, they camped once each month for 2 years. So on Friday night they went and got Ben. They had so much fun. They talked like Tom, they acted like Tom and they had a great time sleeping out under the stars. I think this is the real reason they did it, because I think they all have A's in the class, but just to have a sleep over and spend a little more time together. We called him Huck the whole weekend too. Way to go and I am looking forward to seeing that A!!

No comments:

Post a Comment