October 12, 2009

My newest adventure

Theresa Gleason (I went to elementary and up with her), KyAnn Bradshaw, Pleshette and me. They actually have stripper names too..
This is no joke, we are constantly wiping the poles so you can grip it..

My first time...these ladies are so much fun and spontaneous, I need to hang out with them more.
They had some 'outfits' in the back, we just put the hangers over our heads for the picture.
Pleshette just bought this car for her 16 year old daughter, we went to Ogden in it...It was awesome!!

DON'T JUDGE ME. Ok, this is a bit controversial, but I haven't changed any of my standards in living, I just decided to live a little... I have arthritis in my hips, I was diagnosed when I was 30. The doctor said that my exercise should be low impact because at some point I will need hip replacement and the easier I am on my body, the longer I will go without surgery. Well it hasn't been a problem, because I don't exercise, but I have tried to make a few goals for myself, since the big 4-0 is coming in 1 year and 11 days...So I would like to get in shape. I have seen some friends from high school were going to a pole fitness class (pole dancing-stripper). I thought it would be fun...I love to dance, and it was something I wouldn't have ever done. I made contact with these fun ladies and I have gone 3 times and loved it. I have never laughed so hard as me trying to hang from a pole. I am so sore every Tuesday, my arms, my stomach, and my back. I have bruises on my knees, the tops of my feet, I have burns on my wrist and legs. It is hard! I do have a new respect for the ladies who actually do it with grace and make it look pretty. I am like a 2 ton elephant trying to do something that is impossible. I would NEVER try to do this outside this class of 6 ladies, but it is an adventure. Brad is thinking about installing one in the house though? Well, it wouldn't be what he thinks. The funny thing is my parent both laugh and call to see how it is going each week, but I have a few friends who say they are worried about me? I really am doing it to have fun, to reconnect with old friends and hopefully get STRONGER.

3 comments:

  1. Of course we aren't lowering our standards. I teach Gospel Doctrine on Sunday and go to pole fitness on Monday. I'm so glad you are coming! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my neighbors are so much more interesting than I EVER imagined. I just LOVE that you did this. It made me smile. You are so brave. I'd totally do it too if I had a group of fun crazy girls to do it with. I'm proud of you for doing a workout that works for you. Wish you could come do boot camp with us at the Rec center.

    Sorry for snooping on your blog. Lori left me a note on my blog and I had no idea you guys had blogs. If you have no idea who I am ask her. :)

    ReplyDelete