April 13, 2009
I SCORED AT CHURCH OF ALL PLACES....
When our family went to California, last April, we ALL went to see WICKED with Brad's brother, Brian and his wife, Karen. We ALL loved it. It was funny and has such a great message!! SO...when it was announced Wicked was coming to Utah, Brad thought we should go again. First, it was more expensive, and secondly, we had no "connections" to get tickets and as everyone knows it sold out in 7 minutes. So recently Brad has been hinting that he was going to get us (just the two of us) tickets from a broker or off Craig's List. I told him, NO (because I'm cheap and proud of it - not easy, just cheap) for about $200/ticket. NO WAY! So we just said when we go on another trip to NYC or LA, we would just go again. So, I'm sitting in church and a friend of mine, that I don't see often anymore, (we no longer serve together) asked if I wanted her 2 WICKED tickets for next Tuesday night????? I asked why she wasn't going and she is going to California. So OF COURSE, I just about peed my pants and quickly wrote her a check for the meager price of the 2 tickets (155.00). But--I knew Brad had to coach Stockton's basketball game that night, I couldn't take one daughter without the other, sooo I am taking my mama, DaNece. I told her it was her Mother's Day gift, which is perfect because I never know what to get her, she has EVERYTHING, and really all she wants to spend time with her favorite daughter (have I mentioned that I only have a brother??) I am very excited!! I am now on a count down, 8 days baby, 8 days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




oh, you totally scored...you are so lucky! Last year, after seeing Wicked in NY I couldn't wait for it to come to Utah so I could take my girls...but in the end I couldn't get tickets - or tickets that I wanted to pay the price for. What a fun night out with your mom - she is going to love it!! I'm so excited for you guys!
ReplyDelete