November 5, 2009

Friends for Life

Lori, Jennifer, and Donna Pratt
Lori had her eyes closed...too bad beautiful! We were missing Donna Lake, Caleb was sick. But she is a part of this group too.

Many times I have said that I have the very best friends around...and I truly believe it. Since I moved to this home in 1997, 12 years ago on Dec 8. (wow times flies) I have made the life long friends. All of these ladies lived here before I did, but even when the Ence family moved 3 or 4 years ago, we have remained close friends. We all celebrate birthdays fairly close, 2 in September, mine in October and Donna's in November, so we went to lunch. Jennifer was recently diagnosed with leukemia, it has been a scary time for us and a time of great concern. She is taking chemo and she will be on it for the rest of her life, its a fairly new treatment but it seems to be working so far. When we first became friends our families were young and we talked about having children, nursing babies, and we would sit outside with our children playing for hours, now all these years later, we are discussing missions, drivers licenses, the heartache of teenagers and the joy of families... I love these ladies and they have been there for me through good, bad and the ugly. I hope to be there for them too. I think we will be life long friends no matter where our lives take us!

No comments:

Post a Comment